The TUM Global Visiting Professor Program offers the opportunity to recruit excellent professors from international partner universities for temporary teaching and research collaborations, thus further promoting the internationalization of TUM. Applications for the program can be submitted at any time.
Due to the current situation regarding the coronavirus disease Covid-19 and the virus SARS-CoV-2, we ask you to get in touch with us by e-mail only until further notice. We will try our best to perform our consulting services as smoothly as possible this way.
- All TUM professors and all TUM Junior Fellows are eligible to apply.
A direct application by the visiting scientist is not possible.
- The TUM Global Visiting Professor Program allows stays from one week to three months.
- Stays are possible at the earliest three months after the respective application deadline.
- Joint research projects (new and ongoing)
- Preparation of research proposals for third party funding
- Activities to develop/foster research collaboration
- Research-orientated teaching in English. The program is not supposed to fund any fundamental teaching courses or courses substituting already existing ones at TUM.
Exploring the possibility of a more long-term collaboration in the framework of a TUM-IAS Fellowship (Anna Boyksen, Hans Fischer (Senior) or Rudolf Diesel Industry Fellowship)
- Travel expenses to/from TUM
- Accommodation expenses (daily allowances / lunch allowances / entertainment expenses are not reimbursable)
- Public transportation in Munich
- Honorarium for keynote speech or public lecture
- Teaching assignments. Please note: teaching can only be funded, if the hosting TUM department issues a teaching assignment. The department may set the level of remuneration in accordance with TUM guidelines for remuneration of teaching assignments.
- Development costs for virtual cooperation/teaching formats
- Goals, impact and relevance of the research / teaching cooperation
- Added value to TUM’s research, innovation and education agenda
- Added value for TUM students and young researchers/scientists
- Interdisciplinary approach to research / teaching, if applicable
- Reputation and complementary expertise of the nominated visiting professor
- Alignment with internationalization goals of the TUM department, institute, integrative research center, etc.
- Sustainability of proposed activities (intended next steps; e.g. joint publications; joint proposal for third party funding; joint application for a TUM-IAS Fellowship; exchange of students and early career scientists.)
Successful nominations will be selected by the TUM Board of Management in consultation with a panel of members of TUM central service units.
- Applications for funding through the TUM Global Visiting Professor Program are to be submitted via our online application portal. To do this, you must register in the portal. After the login, please use the form Application - Visiting Professor Programs
- Registration on the portal and the upload of documents can be done by any staff of the applying TUM chair.
- Application form Please note: The application form needs to be counter signed by the dean of the respective TUM department.
- CV of visiting professor
- List of at least five publications of the candidate, most relevant to the proposed activities.