The TUM Global Incentive Fund supports the initiation and deepening of international relationships worldwide and in particular with selected partner universities, such as Imperial College London, Tsinghua University in China and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in Ghana.
New call for proposals
- Deadline for applications: November 4, 2021
- Funding period: January 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022
- Financial support: up to €10,000 per project
Strategic Partnership Engagement
Developing and expanding of collaborations with the following selected partners:
Global Bottom-up Engagement
Developing and expanding of international relationships worldwide, without regional limitations. These activities can be supported by our global liaison offices, if applicable.
- TUM Beijing
- TUM Brussels
- TUM Mumbai
- TUM San Francisco
- TUM São Paulo
Eligible activities within the framework of TUM Global Incentive Fund
- Meetings/visits in preparation of joint projects (e.g. preparation of a joint application for third-party funding)
- Development of project specific virtual cooperation formats
- Networking events such as international workshops and seminars to bring together researchers to strengthen existing collaborations and foster new links
- Collaborative day or week-long events involving staff and students from both institutions to explore new ideas for cooperations
- Development of joint research-oriented courses at postgraduate level (including MOOCs)
- Travel grants and accommodation also for cooperation partner; please note: subsistence is only eligible for TUM-employees.
- Development costs of project specific virtual cooperation formats
- Workshop costs (catering, room rent, consumables, stationary, workshop material, etc.)
- Salary for TUM-contracted research assistance & student assistance
- Honorarium for keynotes/public lectures
- Potential for development of innovative collaborations in teaching, research and/or entrepreneurship
- Potential for intensifying the exchange of students, young scientists and researchers as well as added value for TUM students and young researchers/scientists
- Goals and feasibility of project
- Reputation of the cooperation partners; quality of existing cooperation (if applicable)
- Complementarity of cooperation partners
- Commitment of partner e.g. co-funding, in-kind, statement of collaboration intent, etc.
- Quality of already existing cooperation (if applicable)
- Sustainability of proposed activities; action points for extension of cooperation; potential identification of follow-up funding.
- Interdisciplinary aspects of proposed project/activity
- Agreement with internationalization goals of department, institute, integrative research center etc.
- Potential for integration of the regional TUM liaison offices into project activities (if applicable)
Application process and required documents
Please apply via this online form and submit the documents listed below:
- Application form, including written acknowledgement of project application by dean/director of institute at TUM
- Detailed project budget including contribution/co-financing of the cooperation partner
- Time schedule of the project
- Written statement of support for the project of the cooperation partner
Call for proposals and application documents
- TUM GIF call for proposals 2021/2022 (PDF, 196 KB)
- Application form (PDF, 1,3 MB)
- Annex I – Budget (XLSX, 22 KB)
- Annex II – Project timeline (XLSX, 22 KB)
- Annex III – Statement cooperation partner (PDF, 95 KB)