Erasmus+ enables international mobility of staff from the partner universities listed below to TUM for the purpose of further education and training.
Within the scope of Erasmus+, funding is currently available for stays at TUM from administrative and academic staff from the following non-European partner universities.
- Australia: University of Queensland
- Braszil: Universidade Estadual Paulista
- China: Tsinghua University
- Ghana: Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- Israel: Technion - Israel Insitute of Technology
- Japan: University of Tokyo
Objectives of an Erasmus+ Staff Mobility
- Internationalization of the administration and science management
- Collaboration & knowledge exchange between the partner universities
- Expansion and consolidation of networks
- Strengthening of individual competencies
- Exchange of technical knowledge and new perspectives
- Internationalization on campus (for TUM staff)
Financial support and inclusion
Amount of financial support provided for mobilities at TUM
- Amount up to the 14th day of the activity: 160,- € per day; amount from the 15th - 60th day of the activity: 112,- € per day.
- The travel allowance varies depending on the distance of the partner university to TUM:
|Travel Distance||Standard Travel||Green Travel|
|500 to 1999 KM||275 EUR||320 EUR|
|2000 to 2999 KM||360 EUR||410 EUR|
|3000 to 3999 KM||530 EUR||610 EUR|
|4000 to 7999 KM||820 EUR||-|
|8000 KM or more||1.500 EUR||-|
The distance can be calculated using the distance calculator of the Erasmus+ programme. Staff opting for Green Travel will receive additional individual support for travel days, if applicable and justified, of up to 4 days for the outward and return journey.
There is the possibility of additional support for:
1. persons with a degree of disability of at least 20%.
2. persons with a chronic illness
3. participants who are conducting a staff mobility with their child/children.
Please contact the TUM Global & Alumni Office to apply for funding and for further advice. A detailed description of the criteria as well as the corresponding funding instruments can be found here (only available in German).
Requirements for participation
The following requirements must be met in order to apply for the Erasmus+ Staff Mobility Program for Training at TUM:
Who is eligible?
Staff members from departments and administration employed by one of our partner universities:
- Academic advice
- Public relations
- Professional development
- Technology & Transfer
- International Center
- Fundable duration of stay: Depending on budget, at least five days.
- A written agreement regarding the content and scope of the visit at TUM, the Mobility Agreement for Training, must be signed and submitted prior to departure.
Before TUM can approve a grant, the Erasmus+ coordinator of the home university must nominate the selected candidates to the TUM Global & Alumni Office. Direct applications will not be accepted by TUM.
For questions regarding the application and nomination process, please contact the Erasmus+ coordinator of your home university directly.
The Erasmus Office of the Global & Alumni Office will be pleased to answer any questions you may have regarding the Erasmus+ program, the program structure/administrative contacts and financial support.
The International Affairs Delegates of each department will provide information about the staff mobility opportunities at TUM departments and help you to find to right contact person at TUM.
Documents/prerequisites for an Erasmus+ grant
Upon successful application and nomination by the home university, staff members will receive confirmation by email from the TUM Global & Alumni Office. This mail will provide a detailed program checklist and additional forms. The participant will also receive a Grant Agreement which contains information about the amount and payment modalities of the grant provided.