Finding an internship abroad can be a real challenge. We want to make it easier for you. On this webpage, you will find an overview of internship portals, valuable sources of inspiration as well as contact and application tips for international internships.
Sometimes the solution is closer than you think. If you are looking for a suitable internship abroad, it is worth taking advantage of the career-counselling offer here at TUM. We can also provide you with others sources of information on the various opportunities for internships abroad.
The TUM Career Service gives advice for all phases of career planning. You will be supported in determining your own skills profile, in the search for an internship and in your application.
The TUM’s Career-Manual contains comprehensive information on choosing a career. There are a wealth of valuable tips offered for finding a job and advice for your job interview.
The TUM Job and Internship Portal offers you the opportunity to search for a suitable internship. You can search according to various criteria such as type of activity, department or country.
- Erasmusintern.org is an initiative of the Erasmus Student Network (ESN) with internship offers in different European countries.
- Study and Work International is a hochschule dual project and comprises international internship offers as well as tips for planning and realizing an internship abroad and country-specific information.
Some of our partner universities offer structured programs for research internships. More detailed information can be found in our online database. Please select the option Research Internship in the drop-down menu under Program.
- AFS volunteer programs
- AIESEC Global Volunteer
- ASA-Programm: projects in the global south
- Campus for Change projects
- DAAD: various programs to financially support study and research stays in developing and emerging countries
- Enactus: projects in Germany and worldwide to improve other people’s living standards and quality of life
- Go Ahead! volunteer projects in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Ingenieure ohne Grenzen: projects for the sustainable improvement of the living conditions of people in need and disadvantaged groups
- kulturweit: international voluntary service in foreign cultural and educational policy
- Live-in-Labs initiative of Amrita University – apply via the TUMexchange program
- Mercator-Kolleg: scholarships for university graduates and young professionals who are hoping to make a difference working in international fields
- Service Civil International: workcamps and voluntary services
- Technik ohne Grenzen: improve the living conditions in developing countries through projects
- TUMsocial: find the social organization that suits you!
- weltwärts social service in developing countries
- World University Service: internships in countries of the global south
Still not sure where to go? Read the reports of TUM fellow students about their internship experiences within Europe here.
Research tips: The Leonardo Office Saxony-Anhalt bundles worldwide reports from students from all over Germany.
On the DAAD website you will find helpful information on the search for internships and various financing options.
Funding opportunities, services and background information: Find out more about country-specific regulations.
The DAAD blog Studieren weltweit – erlebe es! is an additional source of inspiration for your internship abroad.
Would you like to do an internship in another European country? Then Erasmus+ Internships is the right funding program for you.
Are you planning an internship in Switzerland? The Swiss-European Mobility Programme offers funding opportunies for this purpose.