In 2006, TUM founded the EuroTech Universities Alliance together with the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). Today, the Alliance is a strategic partnership of six leading European universities of science and technology:
- Danmarks Tekniske Universitet (DTU)
- Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TU/e, since 2008)
- École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL, since 2011)
- École Polytechnique (l'X, since 2018)
- The Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (since 2019)
- Technische Universität München (TUM)
Together they are committed to finding technical solutions which address the major challenges of modern society. Their intensive collaboration across research, education and innovation support the EU’s goal of smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
At each of the EuroTech Universities, funding is available for the initiation of new collaborative projects with the Alliance partners. At TUM, the TUM Global Incentive Fund supports initiatives that further strengthen and develop the collaboration between the partners and actively engage the joint office in Brussels.
More information on the Alliance and its current activities can be found on the EuroTech Universities Alliance Website.