TUM Global Incentive Fund
As part of its internationalization efforts, TUM identified regions of high strategic importance and established Liaison Offices in Brussels, Cairo, São Paulo, Beijing, Mumbai, and San Francisco. At the same time, TUM is a key stakeholder in two strategic university alliances with excellent partners, both on a European (EuroTech Universities Alliance) and a global level (Global Alliance of Technological Universities).
The TUM Global Incentive Fund supports TUM scholars and scientists in exploring and intensifying new and existing international cooperations in the identified key regions and within the strategic alliances. In addition, it encourages engaging TUM liaison offices’ support and expertise in strengthening these cooperations.
Goals and eligibility
- Development of new and the expansion of existing research / teaching cooperation projects with universities / research institutes in one of the TUM Liaison Office countries.
- Intensifying engagement of TUM researchers with TUM’s institutional offshore infrastructure (TUM Liaison Offices).
- Engagement, cooperation and joint project development with partner universities within the strategic alliances EuroTech and GlobalTech.
All TUM professors and TUM junior fellows are welcome to submit applications.
Supported activities and financial support
The following activities can be supported:
- Co-financing of workshops / meetings in preparation of joint projects (e.g. preparation of a joint application for third-party funding).
- Co-financing of joint workshops and conferences.
- Development of joint research-oriented courses at postgraduate level (including MOOCs).
- Travel grants for researchers initiating or intensifying new cooperation projects (for TUM researchers as well as for visiting researchers).
TUM International Center encourages TUM researchers to engage EuroTech and GlobalTech university partners. Please note that within the strategic alliances, funding applications need to involve at least three member institutions.
Financial support (for the last call):
- Up to €15,000 per project.
- The funding period starts after successful nomination in June 2018.
- Project billing must be completed by September 30th, 2019.
Application and selection process
In case of cooperation projects with universities / research institutions in TUM Liaison Offices countries:
- Potential for integration of the regional TUM Liaison Offices into project activities.
In case of cooperation projects within the strategic alliances:
- Potential for developing and strengthening multilateral activities within the strategic alliance. Added value for the alliances (EuroTech or GlobalTech).
- Goals and feasibility of project.
- Reputation of the cooperation partners; quality of existing cooperation (if applicable).
- Complementarity of cooperation partners and added value for TUM;
- Contribution of project partner(s) (e.g. co-funding/in-kind).
- Added value for TUM students and young researchers / scientists.
- Sustainability of proposed activities; action points for extension of cooperation; potential identification of follow-up funding.
- Interdisciplinary aspects of proposed project / activity.
- Agreement with internationalization goals of department, institute, integrative research center etc.
Hereafter, you can find the application documents for the previous call for proposals. Please submit your complete application to Mr. Dominik Beisser (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the TUM International Center.
- Application form, including confirmation of project application by dean / director of institute at TUM.
- Time schedule.
- Detailed budget (including contribution of cooperation partner(s), co-funding/in-kind).
- Statement of commitment by cooperation partner(s).
Successful applications will be selected by an academic committee in consultation with university leadership.
Consultation and contact
For questions related the Global Alliance of Technological Universities (GlobalTech):
Phone: +49 89 289 22569
Forms and program guideline
Call for proposal and application forms (previous call):
- TUM GIF call for proposals 2018
- Application form
- Annex I - budget
- Annex II - project timeline
- Annex III - statement cooperation partner