The Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP) offers attractive funding opportunities for a study visit in Switzerland. The scholarships for students and doctoral candidates of TUM are provided by the participating Swiss universities.
Would you like to study a semester abroad in Switzerland? Then take advantage of the Swiss-European Mobility Programme. It offers financial support to study at major Swiss partner universities and gain valuable international experience. The monthly funding is currently up to 440 CHF (ca. 390 €). Just apply online for your preferred university. The participating Swiss universities can be found in our online database.
How it works
- Choose a Swiss partner university via our online database
- Apply online via MoveON
- Nomination by your TUM department
- Apply for the sholarship at the partner university
- Upload final documents to MoveON for the record of your stay in the Diploma Supplement
In order to apply for the Swiss-European Mobility Programme, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- Enrollment at the TUM
- First year of study successfully completed
- Planned stay of at least three to a maximum of twelve months
- Sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction at the host university
Note: Would you like to write your thesis in Switzerland? Further information can be found under Internship in Switzerland.
- Apply each year between December and January for the following winter and summer semester: Apply online for an exchange semester for the academic year 2020/2021 (WS 2020/21 and SoSe 2021) as of December 1, 2019. The application deadline in most departments is January 9, 2020 at noon (except for Medicine). Please contact the Erasmus coordinator of your department to check if this is also applicable for your department and to check whether you need to hand in other additional documents. Departments using an additional application system to MoveON are: Department of Architecture and School of Management. Please contact these departments directly for further information.
- Register in MoveON with your TUM e-mail address
- Complete the MoveON application form "Application for Erasmus+ SMS, Switzerland, Double Degree and Departmental Program 2020/21". The new application form will be available under the link mentioned above as of December 1, 2019.
- It is only possible to fill in one online application form
- Choose up to four destination preferences (combination with Erasmus countries possible)
Remember the password ans e-mail address for post-processing of your stay abroad in the online portal.
The following documents must be uploaded with your application in MoveON:
- Letter of motivation
- Language certificates
- Academic records of previous semester
- Preliminary study plan* at the host institution
After submitting your application, you can download it as a PDF file for your records.
Based on your application, you will be nominated at the Swiss partner university by your TUM department.
After the selection and nomination by your TUM department, please inform yourself directly at the Swiss university about the scholarship procedure and how to apply for the funding. The monthly scholarship amount of the Swiss Government amounts to approximately 440 CHF (ca. 390 €).
After successful completion of your semester abroad, your stay can be printed in the Diploma Supplement. To do so, upload the following documents in MoveON no later than 1 month after your return:
- Confirmation of Stay, which contains the start and end dates
- Experience report, template see Downloads
Use the form Documents for Mobility (Erasmus SMS and SMP, SEMP and Double Degree) for the upload.
Following the vote on the mass immigration initiative on 9 February 2014, the European Commission has suspended negotiations with Switzerland for participation in Erasmus +. The funding of stays in Switzerland continues under the Swiss-European Mobility Programme.
General information about SEMP can also be found on the movetia website. The Swiss agency has been responsible for the program since 2017.