Thanks to the "international dimension" of the Erasmus+ program, you can now apply for financial support for selected destinations of the TUMexchange program. Since we want to achieve greater equity and inclusion at TUM, these grants are awarded according to personal and socio-economic criteria.
Have you successfully applied for an exchange spot within the TUMexchange program? Does your future host university have an agreement with TUM within the "international" dimension of Erasmus+? Then you can apply for a grant.
How it works
- Application for an exchange spot within the TUMexchange program
- Invitation to apply for the Erasmus+ grant will be automatically sent after the TUMexchange acceptance
- Timely submission of your application documents at the TUM IC
- Acceptance or refusal by the TUM IC
- Submission of the required Erasmus+ documents at the TUM IC
The invitation to apply for an Erasmus+ grant will be sent by e-mail in January/ February.
The selection focuses on personal and socio-economic factors. These include the cultural and social background of students as well as exceptional circumstances of a family, mental or physical nature.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in March/ April.
Attention: Unfortunately, we can only award a few scholarships. When choosing your partner university for the TUMexchange application, several criteria should play a role, not just the availabilty of an Erasmus+ grant.
Within the scope of the International Dimension of Erasmus+ grants are available for the following TUMexchange partner universities:
- University of Sydney
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Tel Aviv University
- American University in Cairo (AUC)
- University of Tokyo
- Kyoto University
- Bauman Moscow State Technical University
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
- St. Petersburg State University
- Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology
The following types of funding are available for stays abroad:
Individual support: €650/month (from project 2018 700,-€/month)
Travel cost support varies by country
(Russia: 275,- €; Israel: 360,- €; Australia, Japan: 1.100,-€, from project 2018 on 1.500,-€)
Depending on the available budget it may not be possible to fund all TUMexchange participants (see above).
The Erasmus+ grant will be released after you have submitted the following documents:
- Grant Agreement This document will be provided to students via e-mail. The signed original form must be submitted before departure to the TUM IC.
- Learning Agreement for studies (Section 1) and annexes. To be sent via e-mail to the TUM IC.
During your stay abroad
- Learning Agreement (Section 2). If you would like to make changes to your Learning Agreement please complete section 2 of the form and submit it via e-mail 5 weeks after the beginning your stay.
- Confirmation of Stay You must have it signed by your supervisor at the host university before your departure.
After your stay
- Confirmation of Stay To be sent via e-mail to the TUM IC.
- Transcript of Records (if possible, including your ECTS Credits)
- Experience Report
- EU Survey for the European Commission. Students will automatically receive their login details from the EU database.
For detailed information about the above-mentioned documents, please consult the checklist which was sent to you.