Combining leadership-driven initiatives and bottom-up engagement the TUM Global Incentive Fund seeks to deepen TUM’s relationships with institutions in non-European countries with a TUM liaison office, Imperial College London and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in Ghana.
Due to the current situation regarding the coronavirus disease COVID-19 and the virus SARS-CoV-2, we ask you to get in touch with us by e-mail only until further notice. We will try our best to perform our consulting services as smoothly as possible this way. Thank you very much for your cooperation!
- Development of new and the expansion of existing research / teaching cooperation projects with universities / research institutes in one of the non-European TUM Liaison Office countries (TUM Asia is not a TUM liaison office).
- Intensifying engagement of TUM researchers with TUM’s institutional offshore infrastructure (TUM Liaison Offices).
- Engagement, cooperation and joint project development with Imperial College London and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)
All TUM professors and TUM junior fellows are welcome to submit applications.
The following activities can be supported (not ehaustive):
- Workshops / meetings in preparation of joint projects (e.g. preparation of a joint application for third-party funding).
- Set up of new networks to promote the exchange of ideas, best practice, and other research goals.
- Jointly organized symposia and conferences.
- Development of joint research-oriented courses at postgraduate level (including MOOCs).
- ‘Hackathon’ or other collaborative day or week-long events involving staff and students from both institutions to explore new research directions and ideas.
TUM Global & Alumni Office encourages TUM researchers to engage with Imperial College and KNUST.
In case of cooperation projects with universities / research institutions in non-European TUM Liaison Offices countries:
- Potential for integration of the regional TUM liaison offices into project activities.
- Integration of the TUM liaison offices into project activities is mandatory.
In case of cooperation projects within as part of the initiatives with the Imperial College London:
- Potential for Intensifying and expanding joint research and teaching cooperation projects with priority to the following areas: computer science and informatics, medicine and medical sciences, bioengineering, molecular sciences, life sciences, physics, energy and new materials, and mechanical and aerospace engineering.
- Exploring opportunities of increasing research and student exchanges.
In case of cooperation projects within as part of the initiatives with KNUST:
- Potential for development of innovative collaborations in teaching, research and entrepreneurship.
- Exploring joint activities focusing on an interdisciplinary and participatory approach for innovating impact-oriented solutions for sustainable development in Ghana comprising the clusters: Water-Food-Energy; Land-Construction-Mobility-Environment, Global Health & Governance.
- Goals and feasibility of project.
- Reputation of the cooperation partners; quality of existing cooperation (if applicable).
- Complementarity of cooperation partners and added value for TUM;
- Contribution of project partner(s) (e.g. co-funding/in-kind).
- Added value for TUM students and young researchers / scientists.
- Sustainability of proposed activities; action points for extension of cooperation; potential identification of follow-up funding.
- Interdisciplinary aspects of proposed project / activity.
- Agreement with internationalization goals of department, institute, integrative research center etc.
Please submit the following application documents via this form online: https://tum.moveon4.de/form/5cc7f79658753107508b4567/eng
- Application form (GIF application file), including confirmation of project application by dean / director of institute at TUM.
- Time schedule.
- Detailed budget (including contribution of cooperation partner(s), co-funding/in-kind).
- Statement of commitment by cooperation partner(s).
Successful applications will be selected by an academic committee in consultation with university leadership. Evaluation results will be communicated approximately 4 weeks after application deadline.
For questions related to the application procedure and in order to engage with TUM liaison offices:
Phone: +49 89 289 25422
For questions related to the Imperial College London:
Phone: +49 89 289 22569
For questions related to KNUST:
Phone: +49 89 289 22165
Call for proposal and application forms:
- TUM GIF call for proposals 2020 (PDF, 309 KB)
- Application form (PDF, 620 KB)
- Annex I - budget (Excel, 22,5 KB)
- Annex II - project timeline (Excel, 21,6 KB)
- Annex III - statement cooperation partner (PDF, 96 KB)
- Link for upload of application forms:
- TUM GIF program guideline 2020 (PDF, 174 KB)