Science, art, culture, language, business, politics, and sports: Wunderbar Together includes everything that makes up the German-American relationship – celebrating our deep historic ties, our shared values, and our bold visions for the future. Since its inception in 2018 the Wunderbar Together program has worked with over 500 partners to bring more than 3,500 events to more than 560 locations in all 50 states, reaching more than 1,200,000 visitors.
Wunderbar Together is accepting applications for program funding through February 28, 2021. The topic for this year is 'Shaping the Future Together'. The idea is to promote programs that interpret ideas and create dialogue between Germans and Americans on critical issues such as ensuring the future of democracy, international cooperation, shared values, societal cohesion, sustainable development, mitigation of climate change, and the digital revolution.
Project proposals must meet the following requirements:
- Each proposal should represent a partnership between at least one German partner and at least one American partner.
- The project should live beyond 2021 by creating lasting connections, partnerships, and dialogues
- The coronavirus pandemic will continue to shape public life in 2021 and will affect human exchanges accordingly. Your project proposal should take this into account.
- The project should include elements that can be highlighted and illustrated on social media platforms and in external communications
- A contribution of your own funds is encouraged. It is not mandatory for micro-grants.
Please find details about Wunderbar Together and funding information on the program website.