Financial support for Erasmus stays was previously only available for European universities (scholarships are always awarded by the home university only). The new generation of the Erasmus+ program includes an “International Dimension” which allows TUM also to grant some incoming students from participating partner universites outside the EU.
Please note that it is not possible to apply for these grants. The International Offices of the participating partner universities organize the application and selection processes independently.
Within the scope of the International Dimension of ERASMUS+ grants are currently available for students of the following partner universities:
- Egypt: Cairo University / American University of Cairo
- Ghana: Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- India: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Israel: Hebrew University of Jerusalem / Tel Aviv University / Technion
- Japan: Kyoto University / University of Tokyo
- Russia: Bauman Moscow State Technical University / Lomonosov Moscow State University / Peter the Great Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University / St. Petersburg State University /Skoltech
- South Africa: Stellenbosch University
- Vietnam: Vietnam National University - University of Science (VNU-HUS) / Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST)
The following types of funding are available for stays abroad:
- Duration: 3-12 months
- Individual support: €850/month
- Travel cost support varies by country (Russia: 275,- €; Egypt, Israel: 360,- €; Ghana, India: 820,- €; Japan, South Africa, Vietnam: 1.500,-€).
Selected students on the TUMexchange program are nominated by the International Office of their individual partner universities. Direct applications are therefore not accepted.
Your Erasmus+ grant will be released upon successful application and nomination via the TUMexchange program and submission of following documents to the TUM Global & Alumni Office:
- Grant Agreement The template will be provided to students at the beginning of the stay at TUM. Appointements for signing the Grant Agreement will be sent via e-mail prior to their arrival.
- Learning Agreement for studies* (Section 1) To be submitted via e-mail. Please also read the information in the section Downloads*.
During your stay at TUM
- Learning Agreement for studies* (Section 2). If you would like to make changes to your Learning Agreement please complete section 2 of the form and submit it via e-mail at latest 5 weeks after beginning of your semester at TUM.
At the end of your stay/ After your stay
- Acknoledgement form (will be provided to students via email) To be submitted via email at TUM Global and Alumni Office
- Travel report* To be submitted via email at TUM Global and Alumni Office
- EU-Online-Survey for the European Commission. Students will automatically receive their login details from the EU database. Please also read the information on how to fill in the EU-Survey* correctly.
- Transcript of Records To be submitted via email at TUM Global and Alumni Office
* All documents marked with * can be found in the Downloads section.
Downloads and Safety information
Learning Agreement: TUM Department or School Subject Area Codes