Internships and research stays for international students

International students have various options to come to TUM for short-term research stays. For example, you can enroll at TUM chair to participate in a research project. The stay at TUM can also be funded via programs, such as Erasmus+ or Fulbright available through your home university. Students from North America can also take part in the exclusive summer program TUM PREP.

Internships / Research stays

International students may be enrolled as interns up to three semesters if they participate e.g. in a research project at TUM or complete their thesis at one of our departments. Learn more about the requirements


TUM's Practical Research Experience Program offers students of North American partner universities the opportunity to come to Munich for an exclusive research program during their summer vacation.

Accommodation search tips for Erasmus exchange students at TUM

Are you a future Erasmus+ exchange student or research intern at TUM and still need to find an accommodation for your stay in Munich or Garching? Then this video is for you.