Erasmus+ International Dimension - Mobility for Studies (SMS)
Financial support for ERASMUS stays was previously only available for European universities. The new generation of the ERASMUS+ program now includes an “International Dimension”.
However it is not possible to apply for these grants. The International Center will contact selected students of the TUMexchange program directly.
What is Erasmus+?
Erasmus+ is the program for education, youth and sports of the European Union. For further information, please visit the website of the European Commission.
Within the scope of the International Dimension of ERASMUS+ grants are available from march 2018 until july 2019 for the following partner universities: :
- Australian National University / University of Sydney / University of Queensland
- University of British Columbia
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem / Tel Aviv University / Technion
- University of Tokyo (UTokyo - nur Graduate School Engineering und Graduate School Information Science & Technology) / Kyoto University
- Bauman Moscow State Technical University / Lomonosov Moscow State University / Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University / St. Petersburg State University
The following types of funding are available for stays abroad:
- Duration: min 3 to max. 12 months
- Individual support: €650/month
- Travel cost support varies by country. (Russia: 275,- €; Israel: 360,- €; Australia, Canada, Japan: 1.100,-€)
Depending on the available budget it may not be possible to fund all TUMexchange participants (siehe "Application").
Further benefits for TUM students
In addition to the benefits of an Erasmus+ grant, further grant options and services are available to TUM Erasmus participants through the International Center:
- Grants for language courses in preparation for the stay abroad, to be completed either in Munich (for languages not offered by the TUM Language Center) or in the host country.
- Opportunity to participate in a training course on intercultural communication, offered by the Language Center. Further information about the “Fit for Exchange” seminar is available on the Language Center website.
- Help from TUM students for international exchange students coming to Munich with finding accommodation.
Selected students on the TUMexchange program will be contacted directly by the International Center (approx. in February). Applications will therefore be accepted only from these students.
For the selection of the grant holders specific socio-economic criteria (e.g. income conditions, cultural and social backgrounds, particular circumstances ... ) will be taken into account.
Documents for the Erasmus grant
Your Erasmus+ grant will be released upon submission of following documents:
1) Submission of the Erasmus Grant Agreement. This document will be provided to students in due time prior to the start of their mobility, and the signed original must be submitted to the International Center before the starting date of the mobility.
2) Completion and submission of a scanned copy of the Learning Agreement for Studies (Section 1).
- Annex LA1: Learning Agreement for Studies
- Annex LA2: TUM Department Subject Area Codes
- Annex LA3: Official EU Guidelines
During your stay abroad
1) If you would like to make changes or additions to your Learning Agreement please complete Section 2 of the form and submit it between 4-7 weeks after the begin of your stay. Submission of a scanned copy (as with Section 1) is sufficient.
2) Fill in the Confirmation of stay and have it signed by your supervisor at the host university before your departure.
After your stay
1) Submit the Confirmation of Stay (as a scanned copy)
2) Submit the Transcript of Records (if possible, including your ECTS Credits) (as a scanned copy)
3) Write and upload a Post-Travel Report
4) Complete an online-survey for the European Commission. Students will automatically receive their login details from the EU database. Please read following information in order to fill in the survey correctly.
For detailed information about the above-mentioned documents and about the Erasmus+ program, please read the checklist (to be uploaded soon).